7-Layer Chinese Chicken Salad
A great summer salad!
- 5 Cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 3-oz pkg. oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 11-oz can white corn, drained or fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fruity Olive Gourmet Ultra Premium EVOO – mild or medium
- 3 tablespoons Olive Gourmet Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- Arrange romaine lettuce in a (3-quart) clear glass serving bowl.
- Discard the seasoning packet from the ramen soup mix and coarsely crush the noodles.
- Layer the noodles and all remaining salad ingredients, in the order listed, over the romaine lettuce.
- In a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake until well blended. Pour over salad. Serve immediately.
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.