Lemon Olive Oil Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
Absolutely delicious--serve it alone or top with strawberries and whipped cream for a tasty shortcake!
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 large cold eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 C. Sugar
- ½ C. Whole milk or soy milk
- 1 tsp. lemon extract optional if you like lots of lemon
- 1 C. Olive Gourmet Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- ½ C. Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans or line with parchment.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, on high speed, beat the sugar, lemon EVOO, lemon zest and vanilla until well blended. On medium speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat for 3 – 5 minutes until mixture is thick and pale yellow. Combine the milk and sour cream. Pour half into the batter, beating until well blended. Slowly add half the flour mixture, stirring well. Add the remaining milk mixture and then the remaining flour. When the batter is well mixed, divide into the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pans for about 10 minutes and then remove and glaze.
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Slowly add lemon juice to sugar & lemon zest until desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake. Excellent served with fresh strawberries and Coconut Whipped Cream.