Irish Chocolate Whiskey Cake
An incredible combination of flavors results in a cake that everyone will request once they’ve tasted it. Don’t spill the secret of how quick and easy it is to make!
- 3/4 cup Olive Gourmet Mild or Medium Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Olive Gourmet Espresso Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup brewed strong coffee
- ½ cup whiskey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 10-inch springform pan. Dust with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together oil, coffee, whiskey, and remaining cocoa powder, whisking occasionally, until smooth. Whisk in sugars until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and vinegar.Slowly whisk egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Add dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Transfer to oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack, then remove sides of pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if you like.
- Category: Dessert
*Blood Orange Olive Oil or Butter Infused Olive Oil are great substitutions for the pure extra virgin olive oil.